Enjoy this recipe for homemade peppermint hot chocolate courtesy of The Food Network.
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 drops peppermint oil
- Sweetened whipped cream, for garnish
- Chocolate shavings, for garnish
- In a saucepan, combine the cream, milk, sugar, and salt and heat over medium-low heat.
- When the cream mixture just begins to steam, add the chopped chocolate, and stir, until melted.
- Stir in the peppermint oil.
- Divide the hot chocolate among mugs and top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.